Iraqi authorities have completed more than 33,000 cases of compensation of Iraqis affected by military operations during the battles to oust the "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" (ISIS), Ninawa governor Mansour Mareid al-Jubouri said Tuesday (September 10th).
The province’s legal committee continues to process cases at a faster pace, he said.
Applicants who had submitted requests for compensation can now submit them to subsidiary committees in the city "without resorting to intermediaries who engage in blackmail", al-Jubouri said in a statement.
Meanwhile, he urged applicants to use sound legal and administrative methods for the submission of their cases, he said.
"So far, 33,725 cases of people affected by military operations have been completed, and sub-committees continue to receive the files of new applicants," he added.
All government departments, including the Ministry of Finance and the Central Committee in Baghdad, are co-operating with the legal committee, he said.
"The province is making great efforts in co-ordination with the relevant agencies to increase the number of beneficiaries," said al-Jubouri.